Saturday, February 28, 2009

Storming Again

To be very brief about it, I was asked to supply some potential cover illustrations for a course catalog...and suffering from a bit of "designer's block" I modified my old Stormhouse project yet again to fit the required graphic constraints. I was very tempted to throw in some Edgar Allan Poe references or perhaps some visual hints of Caspar David Friedrich, but in the end decided against both.



And a graphically harsher alternate version:




I can't imagine that either one of these will actually appear on the catalog...the idea is simply too far beyond the pale for an architecture school's advertisement for its continuing education program.

2 comments:

Paulo Guerreiro said...

both look good !!! I would also try a grayscale version of the m both... just to see the general look.

Congrats, Stormhouse was used by autodesk in the 3dsmax 2010 presentation. (and they gave you credit too)

greetings from sunny Lisbon ;)

Lewis Wadsworth said...

I only recently found about the 3DS Max advertisement! It's a little odd, since I don't really use that program, and it was certainly not used in the creation of the model or the published renderings!